Dealing with your period every month can be a bit of a challenge sometimes thanks to cramps, bloating, and other menstrual-related symptoms. In the summertime, however, it can feel even more challenging due to the heat, humidity, and the FOMO (fear of missing out) you feel when you’re invited to all sorts of fun summer activities.
The good news is you don’t have to sit out on all the summer amusement just because it’s that time of the month for you. You can still hit the beach, relax by the pool, soak up the sunshine, or go on vacation. Here are six tips on how to not let your period stop you from having fun this summer.
- Wear tampons... Want to go swimming? No problem. Just ditch the pads for Organic Tampons with leak protection. You can also rock a dark-colored bathing suit to give you that added peace of mind. And remember, if you don’t feel comfortable actually getting in the water, you don’t have to. Beach days and pool sessions are just as fun when you’re laying out and getting your dose of Vitamin D. Just remember to slather on the SPF.
- Keep healthy summer snacks on hand.. Although cravings for ice cream and junk food might be strong during your period, resist the urge to indulge. Unhealthy treats will make you feel good for like a second but they’ll just make you feel more sluggish in the end and that’s no fun. Instead, plan ahead and bring some healthy snacks with you to the beach or pool like fresh fruit, nuts, and granola bars. You’ll thank yourself later.
- Carry wipes to freshen up... Let’s be real: Things can get messy down there when you’re on your period which is definitely not ideal when you’re wearing a bikini, a sundress, or cute shorts. That’s why we recommend stashing some Organic Cotton Feminine Wipes in your bag. Made with 100% purified water and 100% biodegradable organic cotton, these wipes will keep you feeling fresh all day long.
- Cool down with a cold sheet mask...When the heat is too hot to handle or you just want to squeeze in a quick beauty treatment, refrigerate a Facial Sheet Mask and pop it on your face for 15-20 minutes as a refreshing treat. The Hydration Sheet Mask, in particular, is great after a long day in the sun to help hydrate your skin and give you that enviable summer glow.
- Dress for comfort... During your flow, the last thing you want is to have to fuss with clothes that’s either too tight, uncomfortable or make it a pain to change out your tampon or pad (we’re looking at you, rompers). That’s why we recommend opting for breezy and flowy pieces that are period friendly, and most importantly, comfortable. And because summer fashion is all about light colors, you can wear Organic Cotton Basic Panties in a nude color to give you that added layer of protection.
- Change your perspective... Truly, the only way your period can put a damper on your summer fun is if you let it. It’s all about how you look at it. So instead of seeing your period as a reason to skip out on the summer happenings, see it as an opportunity to chill out. That’s what summer is all about anyway. You don’t even have to go outside and deal with the heat. Do something fun and refreshing indoors like host a get together complete with wine, board games, and air conditioning.