Cramps bothering you? Pineapples can help with that. They’re rich in manganese, which not only plays a key role in antioxidant defense, but according to certain studies can also help reduce cramps and mood swings from PMS. Pineapples also contain a special enzyme called bromelain, which is used in medications that help with certain types of inflammation and muscle soreness. As if pineapples weren’t sounding enough like your new best friend, they’re also high in thiamin (also known as vitamin B1), which is involved in energy production. This snack is going to make you feel as zingy as it tastes!
WHY WE LOVE IT
- Manganese could reduce cramps and mood swings
- Bromelain could help with muscle soreness
- Vitamin B1 aids in energy production
½ cup roasted, unsalted peanuts, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon lime zest
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 large mangoes, peeled and sliced
1 pineapple, peeled and sliced
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Flaky salt, for serving
- In a small bowl, stir together the peanuts, lime zest, and olive oil.
- Arrange the mangoes and pineapple on a plate, then top with the peanuts, red pepper flakes, and a sprinkle of flaky salt. Dig in!