No period cycle would be complete without the familiar (and dreaded) PMS. Cramps, backaches, migraines, fatigue, cravings, the list goes on. Sometimes, these symptoms play nice, but more often than not, we find ourselves reaching for that bottle of Ibuprofen.
Over-the-counter pills may provide temporary relief, but its synthetic ingredients can cause permanent imbalances in our body. And while taking the occasional painkiller or two isn’t cause for concern, here are three preventative ways to naturally alleviate PMS symptoms, even before they come knocking.
- Stay hydrated 💦 Water is no old wives’ tale! It prevents water and sodium retention which helps you feel less bloated and more comfortable all around, not to mention the wonderful effects it has on overall gut health and skin.
- Go outside ☀️ We know getting out from under the covers is the last thing you want to do when PMS hits. We’d rather stay put and watch Netflix reruns, too. But sun exposure, even if for a few minutes, is totally worth it. Natural sources of Vitamin D (a.k.a. the sun) helps balance hormones, boost your mood, lower estrogen levels and chemical imbalances, all of which can ease bodily inflammation and pain. And while you’re at it, consider taking a brisk walk around the block. Low impact exercise is another great way to get your blood flowing and tackle those cramps. That’s two birds with one stone!
- Try heat therapy ♨️ Take a hot bath or place a heated towel or patch over your lower abdomen region. When we menstruate, our uteri contract its muscles which causes painful cramping. Heat’s natural source increases blood flow and helps muscles relax, providing great relief for pain.
Heat therapy is one of our favorite natural remedies, and we love using heating patches here at Rael! Unfortunately, what’s out there is either not targeted for women who experience PMS or not as effective as we’d like, so we set out to create a solution of our own. After months of research, development, trial and error, we’re excited to finally introduce our first ever…
Our days can’t always be put on hold just because Aunt Flo’s in town, and we designed our fast-acting heating patch with that in mind—for women who battle menstrual symptoms and need relief, well, yesterday.
Unlike other patches out there, our Natural Herbal Heating Patch is portable, just the right temperature and infused with five botanical herbs to relieve PMS holistically:
- Lemon balm to reduce swelling 🍋
- Rosehip to improve mood and energy 🌹
- Jasmine to provide calming effects 💆♀️
- Juniper berry to relieve abdominal pain ⚡️
- Dandelion root to improve digestion 🌊
Whether you opt for some time in the sun or our new natural herbal heating patch, there are so many healthier ways to alleviate PMS symptoms. So, the next time you reach for your medicine cabinet, consider trying a hormone-friendly remedy instead.