You picked, you squeezed, you tried to pop it, and now what was once a tiny red bump on your forehead is a gleaming beacon of monthly hormonal changes. What’s worse, you know it’s going to leave a scar. You’re frustrated with yourself and above all, so done dealing with monthly breakouts. We feel you.
Acne can happen at any point in your life. From the moment you’re born, you begin experiencing hormonal changes that can trigger your sebaceous glands to overproduce, leaving you with bumps. While acne normally hits a peak during adolescence, many of us experience acne breakouts well into our 20’s, 30’s, 40’s, and beyond.
Breakouts can be cyclic, occurring just before your period or during ovulation, or they can seem completely random, popping up during the worst possible times.
As if dealing with the actual acne bumps themselves wasn’t enough, they often leave your skin scarred. Small circles or patches of hyperpigmentation can develop where the original bump was located, especially if you don’t have the self-control to leave the bumps alone, and honestly who does?
Rael’s product development team worked hard on finding a solution for acne scars, and what they came up with is a two-part system that not only helps protect your skin from scarring when you do get a bump, it helps prevent blemishes from forming. When a bump does leave a scar, we’ve got a solution for that, too.
We’ll talk about how to get clearer skin at any time during the month, what to do when you get a breakout, and how to fade acne scars fast.
How To Get Clearer Skin
It goes without saying the best way to prevent acne scarring is to prevent acne from happening in the first place. Rael has a solution for every skin type. Our skin care is formulated to work with your body’s hormones, and help keep your sebaceous glands calm, cool, and collected no matter where you are in your cycle.
If you’re still using the same skin care you used in high school, you can do better. Your body has undergone some changes since then, and you need products that work synergistically with your skin.
It can be easy to get clear, healthy skin with a few product adjustments. The right ingredients can help calm your skin and keep it clear all month long. Here are our picks for blemish-prone skin.
- Calming Cica Cleansing Water. What makes this cleanser work so hard and still remain incredibly gentle on your skin? H3O hyaluronic acid complex to keep your skin ultra moisturized, and Cica to keep your skin looking bright and radiant.
- Glow Chemistry Antioxidant Serum. If you aren’t using a skin serum, you should be. Our serum is packed with Fullerene, a powerful antioxidant 172 times more potent than vitamin C. Fullerene helps protect your skin from free radical damage and also helps reduce the appearance of dark spots.
H3O Hyaluronic Acid Complex helps reduce redness and prevent irritation; especially helpful for skin that is blemish-prone. This serum is excellent for establishing a baseline healthy moisture level for skin that is oily or has dry patches.
- Moisture Melt Snowball. It’s so important to make sure your skin gets enough moisture. One of the biggest triggers of acne is lack of moisture -- surprised? Your skin needs clean, non-pore clogging moisture to help it function properly. Our Moisture Melt Snowball delivers a potent concentration of hyaluronic acid to your skin to keep it moisturized for up to 100 hours.
You can add this treatment to our antioxidant serum to ensure skin is properly hydrated while you treat acne scars and make sure your skin remains radiant and glowing.
Using proper skin care can help prevent acne spots from forming, but when they do, you need a solution.
Better Acne Treatments
You wake up with a bump and deal with the immediate temptation to squeeze or pick it. If you’re like most of us, you usually end up losing that battle.
Thankfully, Rael now has an “easy button” for keeping your hands off your face and helping to erase pimples at the same time.
Acne spot covers are tiny, invisible hydrocolloid patches that keep your bumps protected from your fingers, dirt, and makeup. Hydrocolloid patches keep your bump moisturized so skin doesn’t end up dry, peeling, and flaky, making an even more noticeable spot.
Acne spot covers work to draw out pus and oil, drying out the pimple and shrinking it into oblivion. There’s a patch for every type of pimple.
- Invisible Spot Cover. For bumps that have erupted (whiteheads and red bumps), this is the solution. Resist the urge to squeeze and instead cover it with a patch and walk away. The patch works while you work (or sleep) and literally dissolves and shrinks your pimple in as little as 4 hours.
- Spot Control Cover. Got an entire area covered in bumps? If so, it’s time to call in the heavy hitters. These patches are larger and seamlessly smoothes out acne clusters across your cheeks, nose, and chin.. Use them to cover acne hot spots and treat the entire area.
- Microcrystal Spot Cover. Bumps under your skin are frustrating and painful, and almost impossible to leave alone. You can get relief and shrink them away with this spot cover. Bacteria busting Totarol and hydrating hyaluronic acid dig deep into the pore to remove irritation and shrink the spot so you aren’t tempted to squeeze it.
Acne spot covers are a great solution for preventing acne scarring. If you can’t pick or squeeze, you can’t damage your skin. For larger bumps that seem to leave hyperpigmentation spots on their own, acne spot covers help clear the bump before it has a chance to scar your skin.
If you’ve already got some acne damage, there are steps you can take and products you can use to help reduce the appearance of those areas.
Better Acne Scar Reduction
Whether you picked it or just had a bump that left a mark, you need a product that can lighten it and help bring back your even, radiant skin tone. Here’s a breakdown of some of the best ingredients for fading hyperpigmentation.
Cica, or Centella Asiatica, is a plant-based extract that comes from an Asian plant that has been used medicinally for centuries. It is sometimes referred to as tiger grass, as tigers in the wild will rub wounded skin against the plant to help heal it.
Cica’s benefits are numerous, but possibly the most important benefit is its ability to soothe and repair skin irritation.
Cica is excellent for helping keep your skin calm, which is why we include it in so many of our products. Skin that is blemish-prone can benefit from Cica’s soothing properties which can help you avoid developing blemishes in the first place.
When a blemish does happen and leaves a scar, Cica can help support your skin’s efforts to repair and restore the area, so scars fade and skin looks more even.
White Willow Bark Extract
White willow bark extract is a natural, plant-based extract that can help exfoliate your skin gently. Exfoliating removes the top layer of skin, which helps reveal new, even skin. Exfoliating is a crucial part of getting rid of acne scars, but using a product that contains a harsh exfoliant can do more damage to your skin.
White willow bark extract is effective and gentle, which is perfect for sensitive skin.
H30 Hyaluronic Acid Complex
Some acne scar removal treatments can be drying. Peels, harsh chemicals, and damaging exfoliants can leave skin dry, irritated, and in worse condition than it was.
It’s important that the product you use contains a moisturizing agent that can keep skin hydrated while you treat your acne scars. Hyaluronic acid is effective for keeping even the most sensitive skin types fully hydrated.
Better Spot Correcting
You want a spot treatment for acne scars that will help fade them without stripping your skin or leaving it irritated. Rael is your go-to source for holistic skin care that is gentle yet effective. Our favorite spot correcting treatment is great for gently fading blemish scars and helping to brighten and even out your skin tone.
- Lighten Up Cica Spot Corrector. With Cica, white willow bark extract, and H3O hyaluronic acid complex, this powerful spot corrector is gentle enough for everyday use. You can reduce the appearance of scars easily and quickly while maintaining moisture and keeping skin comfortable and soothed.
This spot corrector is the best way to lighten acne scars without invasive treatment or harsh chemicals.
The Bottom Line
You can get rid of acne scars gently by using skin care that helps nourish your skin while fading them away. You can also prevent them from happening by using high-quality skin care and acne spot patches when needed.